Requests to disconnect service can be made only by the account holder or any authorized person on the account in the following ways:
- Phone – In order to authorize termination the account holder will be asked to verify their driver’s license with a Customer Service representative.
- Email – Please send a scanned copy of your ID to firstname.lastname@example.org. Must provide service address or account number.
- Mail – Please send a written request along with a copy of your picture ID to McAllen Public Utility, P.O. Box 280, McAllen, TX 78505.
- Fax – Please send a written request along with a legible copy of your picture id to 956.681.1629
- In person – Please visit our lobby Monday-Friday from 8AM-5PM with your picture ID.
Please make sure to include a forwarding address with your request.